The Power Of Goals
[pullquote align=”normal” cite=”Lewis Carroll, Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland”]Alice: Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?
The Cheshire Cat: That depends a good deal on where you want to get to.
Alice: I don’t much care where.
The Cheshire Cat: Then it doesn’t much matter which way you go.
Alice: …So long as I get somewhere.
The Cheshire Cat: Oh, you’re sure to do that, if only you walk long enough.[/pullquote]
Do you like goals – or does talk of goals make your eyes glaze over and your mind shut off?
Do you set goals in your life or business – or do you think they’re a waste of time and energy?
Have you heard people talking about goals but don’t know what the fuss is about?
In episode 10 of the Changeability Podcast we’re talking all things goals.
We explore the power of goals to help us manage our minds to get the life and business we want. What they are and why they work (or do they?)
How goals take the vision or big picture of what we want (which we talked about in episode 9) and turn it into manageable milestones.
Using the power of goals as a mind management technique is something you don’t want to miss out on if you want to make changes in your life. But not everyone feels the same way – so we look at the potential downside of goal-setting and how to overcome it and use it to our advantage.
Whether you love goals, don’t know anything about them, think they’re totally overrated or are mildly interested in improving your life or business – there’s something in today’s episode for you – on the power of goals.
More specifically in episode 10 you’ll find out about:
- What goals are and what they do
- When goal setting became mainstream
- What many successful people have in common
- What’s the point of setting goals
- Why goals work
- The power of goals to manage your mind
- How goals change how you see yourself
- If goals are going out of favour
- If setting goals sets you up for failure
- If goals are good for us
- How goals are a mind management technique
Links mentioned in this episode:
- What is your vision? Changeability Podcast Episode 9
- Michael Jordan biography (NBA bio)
- Leo Babauta – The best goal is no goal
- Tim Brownson – Is goal-setting harmful?
- Kathryn Bryant: Changeability: Manage your Mind – Change your Life
If you like today’s show …
We’d love you to leave us a review on iTunes or Stitcher. Every review and subscribe counts and is a massive help in making the podcast visible to others. Whether you leave us a review or not we’d just like to say thanks for listening to the show today and don’t forget you can keep in touch with us on Facebook, Twitter and Google+.