Getting what you want in life and business is not just about having vision and goals – great though they are.
In episode 13 of the Changeability Podcast we take a step back from thinking about where you want to get to and what you want to achieve.
We take you back to the all-important starting point, to discover what’s sabotaging your best intentions and desires. To tease out what’s stopping you reaching your potential and getting in the way of positive change in your life or business.
This is the crucial self-development step that most people miss out. It’s understandable because we’re so keen to be getting on with our goals and actions.
But it’s the key to unlocking the behaviours and characteristics that you need in order to make the changes you want to make in your life.
Without it you’re in danger of repeating the same behaviours and ways of thinking and acting that got you into the situation and position you now want to change – whatever that is, however big or small.
[pullquote align=”normal” cite=”James Allen”]You are today where your thoughts have taken you, you will be tomorrow where your thoughts take you.[/pullquote]
So we’re stepping back to take stock of where you’re starting from. To uncover the hidden reasons and cause behind much of what you do or don’t do, and how you do it.
In today’s episode we’re discovering your limiting thoughts and beliefs.
We all have negative thoughts and unhelpful self-beliefs that limit us from doing what we want to do and hinder us achieving our goals. But what are they, how do we get them, why do they matter and how do you find them? That’s what we’re finding out in today’s show.
More specifically, in episode 13 you’ll find out:
- Why making changes in life and business is not all about goals, action and motivation.
- What makes up your starting point and why it matters
- What are self-beliefs and how they help us
- How beliefs turn into habits and limiting thoughts
- A whole load of real limiting thoughts – you might recognise
- What limiting thought are and where they come from (and a rather worrying dialogue!)
- It’s not all doom and gloom
- A way of discovering your limiting thoughts and beliefs in a few minutes with just a piece of paper and pen
- Why you should be vigilant in the next week.
Links mentioned in this week’s show:
- James Allen – As a Man Thinketh
- Episode 9 – What is your vision in life and business?
- Episode 10 – The Power of Goals
- Episode 11 – How to set goals that work
- Episode 12 – Making goals happen – with entrepreneur Chris Marr
- Kathryn Bryant – Changeability: Manage your Mind – Change your Life
- Chris Marr’s article – Top 10 content marketing and business podcasts