If you’ve ever doubted what visualization can do for you, or about the power of your subconscious mind to influence what you do and how you do it, listen to the interview with our guest on today’s episode of the Changeability Podcast – Dr Eva Detko where we discuss visualization, hypnotherapy and more.
Dr Eva talks about how she used the power of visualization in her bid to compete in Latin and Ballroom competitions from a regional level right up to the national finals at the international home of ballroom dancing – in Blackpool, England.
At the heart of this and the work that Dr Eva does with her clients is finding ways to harness the power of the subconscious mind to help us achieve what we want to achieve.
This might be through the hypnotherapy that Dr Eva specializes in, or in releasing the build-up of the stresses and strains of everyday life that will be detrimental to our health in the long term.
Talking of health, Eva is also a Nutritional Therapist with a clear view on the inter-related link between mind and body, what we eat, our emotions and state of mind.
Quotes of the show
More specifically in this episode you will find out about
- The visualization technique that took Dr Eva from regional competitor to national finalist
- How and what Eva visualised and what happened in reality
- If you have to be a visual learner to visualize
- The first step to changing anything in your life
- The #1 belief that limited Eva’s opportunities and might be limiting yours
- The importance of breathing
- How hypnotherapy can change your perspective at a subconscious level
- The link between mind and body and why it matters
- The one thing you can do everyday for the quickest way to health
Links and resources mentioned in this week’s show
- What is visualization? Episode 20 Changeability Podcast
- Dr Eva Detko at http://www.dr-eva.com
- Kathryn Bryant: Changeability: Manage your Mind – Change your Life
- Changeability Facebook Group
Thank you for listening
Thanks to Dr Eva for being a super guest and to you for listening. If you enjoyed today’s show please do us the favour of subscribing to the show on iTunes or Stitcher and leaving us a rating and review while you’re there. It makes a big difference to us and we’ll love you for it!